“To Know Him and Make Him Known”
This statement is derived from Philippians 3. Paul, who faithfully and repeatedly (vs. 1, 16-17, 20-21) instructs the people of Philippi and us to know and follow the God of the Scriptures, explains what he means when he speaks of his personal goal in the 10th verse,
That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.
Our goal is faithfully to glorify God as a loving, Christ-centered family engaged in Biblical, God-centered worship with a desire to minister in Jesus’ name in local, national, and international settings.
Warrington Presbyterian Church exists to manifest the majesty and the magnificence of the holy, all-powerful, all-knowing, sovereign, infinite God who is beyond all and over all. We seek to accomplish this as He leads and empowers us (referencing Deuteronomy 10:12-13) by laboring to
· See God rightly through well-planned and well-executed worship services that magnify the triune-God.
· Seek God rigorously in prayer and Bible studies.
· Savor God richly as we develop a safe, loving, caring community of believers.
· Serve God rigorously in sharing the good news of forgiveness, salvation, spiritual growth, completeness, and eternity anywhere and with anyone we can.
· Submit to God righteously in encouraging, developing, and equipping believers to be and to do everything for which God has made them.
And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the commandments of the LORD and His statutes which I command you today for your good? Deut 10:12-13 [NKJV]